Anyone over 21 could grow weed at home under proposed Ohio ballot initiative
A group of local investors who failed in their bid to secure a state license to grow medical marijuana on Monday announced plans for a statewide ballot issue to fully legalize marijuana.
Jimmy Gould, chairman of Cincinnati-based Green Light Acquisitions, proposed an Ohio constitutional amendment that would allow anyone 21 or older to grow marijuana in their homes for personal use or commercial cultivation.
LEGAL POT: CANADA WILL SELL MARIJUANA IN LIQUOR STORES
One province in Canada has decided to sell its marijuana in liquor stores.
Nova Scotia, a province on Canada’s eastern shore, announced on Thursday that the Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation, its sole alcohol distributor, would sell the drug in its stores and on its website once Canada legalizes weed in July of next year.
Government Shutdown Could Allow Sessions To Launch Marijuana Crackdown
Funding for the federal government is set to run out on Friday, unless Congress enacts a bill extending current spending levels before the midnight deadline. Also set to expire is a current rider that prevents the Department of Justice from interfering with state medical cannabis laws.
Large Ohio medical marijuana grow licenses awarded
COLUMBUS, Ohio – After months of waiting and speculation, state regulators have decided who will grow medical marijuana in Ohio.
The Ohio Department of Commerce on Thursday announced 12 winners of “level I” cultivation licenses for up to 25,000 square feet of growing space.
The businesses awarded the licenses are:
- Buckeye Relief LLC in Eastlake (179.28 points)
- Grow Ohio Pharmaceuticals LLC in Newton Township (173.44 points)
- OPC Cultivation LLC in Huron (173.28 points)
- Riviera Creek Holdings LLC in Youngstown (172.72 points)
- Pure Ohio Wellness LLC in Springfield (167.64 points)
- Columbia Care OH LLC in Mt. Orab (167.08 points)
- Terradiol Ohio LLC in Canton (165.48 points)
- Standard Wellness Company LLC in Gibsonburg (161.28 points)
- AT-CPC of Ohio LLC in Akron (161.28 points)
- Cresco Labs Ohio LLC in Yellow Springs (159.80 points)
- Parma Wellness Center LLC in Parma (153.08 points)
- Harvest Grows LLC in Hamilton Township or Cleveland (142.04 points)
Veterans, grappling with PTSD, are helping to boost public support for medical marijuana
- Twenty-eight states plus the District of Columbia now include PTSD in their medical marijuana programs, a tally that has more than doubled in the last two years.
- The American Legion began pressing the federal government this summer to let Department of Veterans Affairs doctors recommend medical marijuana where it’s legal.
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Dr. David Shulkin recently spoke tentatively in favor of marijuana for PTSD.